Another great mix of r’n’b, disco and funk from Yoav B. I’m sure I enjoy this kind of music more these days because Rozie has subjected me to so much of this over the last year or so. Check out the Kosher Candy Mixx
- INTRO-AUTOMAT-ULTRAVIOLET (HARVEST)
- PATRICE RUSHEN-WATCH OUT (ARISTA)
- ATMOSPHEAR-WHAT DO WE DO (CHRYSALIS)
- MORRISSEY MULLEN-COME AND GET ME (BEGGERS BANQUET)
- THE WALKERS-SKY’S THE LIMIT (LONDON)
- SHAKATAK-NIGHT BIRDS (POLYDOR)
- GINO SOCCIO-DANCE TO DANCE (RFC)
- CANDI STATON-LOVE AND BE FREE (SUGARHILL)
- THE BREAKFEST BAND-SUCH A FEELING (BREAKFEST MUSIC)
- EXTRAS-GET DOWN (DANCEFLOOR)
- LEON HAYWOOD-DON’T PUSH IT DON’T FORCE IT (20TH CENTURY FOX)
- SHARON BROWN-I SPECIALISE IN LOVE (PROFILE)
- LYNX-I CAN’T HELP MYSELF (CHRYSALIS)
- FREEZ-ONE TO ONE (BEGGERS BANQUET)
- CHERRELLE-I DIDN’T MEAN TO TURN YOU ON (TABU)
- CONGAC-DON’T BOTHER TO KNOCK DUB (CARRERE)
- RAZE-BRAKE 4 LOVE DUB (CHAMPION)
- ALEXANDER O’NEAL-CRITISIZE A CAPPELLA (TABU)
- RAZE-BRAKE FOR LOVE (CHAMPION)
- RICK JAMES-MONEY TALKS (MOTOWN)
- CHIC-REBELS ARE WE (ATLANTIC)
- BRASS CONSTRUCTION-NO COMMUNICATION (CAPITOL)
- KANO-ANOTHER LIFE (TELDEC)
- FIRST LIGHT-EXPLAIN THE REASONS (LONDON)
- THE FORCE-IT’S OK (RHYTHM KING)
- DENISE MOTTO-MISS DEMEANOR DUB (PLAYHOUSE)
- LIME-ON THE GRID (PRISM)
- OUTRO-AUTOMAT-ULTRAVIOLET (HARVEST)
Yoav B is from Tel Aviv, Israel, he just dropped his debut ep on Delsin, picked up by Terrence Parker, Aaron Carl, Charles Webster a.o. After summer coming with another ep for Delsin Records, and the first releases on his own new label Wabi Sabi.
- INTRO- RONALD SHANNON JACKSON-THEME FOR A PRINCE (ABOUT TIME)
- ARNIE’S LOVE- I’M OUT OF YOUR LIFE (RADAR)
- MOUZON/CORYELL- OLD FRIENDS (PAUSA)
- THE ANTILLES-I’VE GOT TO HAVE YOU (THE HIVE)
- GEORGE BENSON-LOVE WILL COME AGAIN (WARNER)
- SERIOUS INTENTION-IT’S SERIOUS (LONDON)
- LOOSE ENDS-EMERGENCEY DUB (VIRGIN)
- PHYLLIS HYMAN- YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME (ARISTA)
- THE ISLEY BROTHERS- PASS IT ON (TNECK)
- COLONEL ABRAMS- I’M NOT GONNA LET YOU (MCA)
- GINO SOCCIO-YOU MOVE ME (ATLANTIC)
- CORY DAYE-GREEN LIGHT (RCA)
- CLAUDJA BARRY- DOWN AND COUNTING (CBS)
- SHALAMAR- TAKE THAT TO THE BANK (SOLAR)
- T.C. CURTIS- BODY SHAKE (GROOVE)
- POUSSEZ- I’LL ALWAYS BE YOUR FRIEND (VANGUARD)
- QUEEN SAMANTHA- SINGING HALLELUJA (MARLIN)
- PRINCE CHARLES- BEAT THE BUSH DUB (VIRGIN)
- THE SYSTEM- NOW I’M ELECTRIC (POLYDOR)
- SUZY Q- GET INTO THE FUNKY MUSIC NOW (ZYX)
- YAZOO- STATE FARM (MUTE)
- RAWW- DON’T YOU TRY IT DUB (JONATHAN)
- ETAT MAJOR- ETAT MAJOR (VIRGIN)
- SYLVESTER- DO YA WANNA FUNK (MEGATONE)
- AMII STEWART -FEVER LINE (RCA)
- IMAGINATION- STATE OF LOVE (R&B)
- T.H.P.- HALF AS NICE (BUTTERFLY)
Rozie just got the call. She now has a new job. YAY! 😀
Mark it in your diaries house music fans, Frankie Knuckles is getting his own day this August 28th in Chicago! And he’s also getting a street named after him.
I’ve been quite enjoying the new job. New challenges, new environments, new people. Different people make such a difference. In my old team for the most part people weren’t horrible or anything, just not that friendly, socialable or something. The new team everyone gets on really well, shares knowledge, helps out when others are in a bind. It makes working so much more enjoyable. I don’t dread coming to work anymore. Quite an unusual feeling for me. I haven’t felt depressed since I got the new job as well. So guess I wasn’t mental. Just work was bringing me down so much… too much.
Working outside of normal business hours have been different for me though since I’ve never had to do it before. Last Thursday morning I was up at 3.20am and Saturday morning 7am to do work. Luckily thanks to the wonders of computers I was sitting at my desk in my study in my pj’s doing it. So good!
I got a new ring a couple of weekends back. Well its supposed to be temporary. It looks almost exactly the same except its a little bit chunkier. Its silver instead of white gold and it only cost me $58 from Baku. I probably won’t get another white gold one for a while more because of cost and since I’m trying to save money at the moment. Rozie doesn’t seem that bothered at all just as long as I’ve got something on my finger.
One thing that I’ve been getting into since I’ve been in Epping is games. I never really got into video games when I was younger, tending to lean towards messing around with operating systems, applications and networking. I guess I’ve got to a point now where I know enough of that now that I don’t feel I have to messing around with that sort of stuff every minute of the day. So since I got that dirt cheap Dreamcast earlier in the year I’ve been fiending out. Soul Caliber, Gauntlet Legends, Ikaruga, Crazy Taxi, Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX and Border Down have been some personal favourites.
I’ve completely been loving Ikaruga and Border Down though. If you like shoot ’em ups like R-Type and Gradius, then Ikaruga and Border Down you’ll love. So bleedin’ hard, but you want to come back for more and more.
Happy birthday to Josie and Thommy for last week, who’s birthday’s fall within a day of each other. We popped down to Soul Biscuits for Josie’s birthday last week for a bit of northern soul and some pool. And props to T-bird for the fine spread of grub on Saturday!